Did You Catch That Nasty Cold?
You might have heard that there is a respiratory illness sending many children to hospitals this season. It is a severe illness that has taken over many other states besides Colorado, starting as a common cold but continuing into something much worse. What are some things you can do to avoid this nasty cold for you and for your family?
1. If you or a loved one has a respiratory problem to begin with, such as asthma, make sure you are taking all medications necessary. This will help if you do catch a cold to lessen the harshness of the illness.
2. As always, wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds. After every time you use the rest room, cook a meal and sneeze, you should be washing your hands to ensure that this cold doesn't spread, especially if you already show signs of a cold.
2. People who are already sick are the ones you should avoid kissing, hugging and sharing cups and eating utensils with.
3. Disinfect frequently touched surfaces. This includes things from doorknobs, toys, Washing hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds. A good cleaning around the house with disinfectant can help with any frequently touched surfaces.
4. With kids, make sure vaccinations are up to do. The influenza vaccine is one that is highly important since it can help avoid the flu any time of the year.
By taking these steps you can help avoid that cold that could knock you out and keep you from work for a few days. As winter nears us, it's important that we keep our health in check.